We’re looking for a talented editor and content manager who can lead our efforts to engage small business owners and the accountants who advise them. You should love getting to know your audience, planning an editorial calendar, and developing uniquely valuable articles, guides, and advice — both by writing it yourself and by managing freelancers. And you should constantly be thinking strategically to identify and prioritize ways that great content can impact our marketing and sales efforts.
In this role, some of the lines between content marketing, product marketing, and lifecycle marketing may be a little blurred, so you should definitely be looking to grow, collaborate, and do more than just run a copy desk.
- Long form writing — From practical articles and guides to bylined thought leadership pieces, you’ll be responsible for conceiving and developing content that educates, informs, and even entertains our audiences.
- Editorial planning — You will own the content calendar and plan content creation to a) drive new SEO traffic, b) nurture existing small business leads, and c) show off our expertise to accountants.
- Managing freelancers and partners — Identify, hire, and supervise freelance researchers, journalists, and subject matter experts to scale content efforts.
- Quality assurance — The buck stops with you. From being a master proofreader (who’s probably found a bunch of typos in this listing!) to working with subject matter experts, to making sure everything is accurate, you’ll make sure we’re always putting our best food forward.
- Potentially a lot more — We’re a growing team in a growing business. While content strategy and your skill with the pen will be your chief assets, you’ll have the opportunity to develop videos and longer form content, work on social media and PR efforts, craft campaigns, set messaging hierarchies, and perform market research. If you want to grow beyond copywriting, this is a great opportunity.
Traits We Seek:
- Excellent writing chops — We’ll win when we create the best darn content on the internet. You have the skill to turn mundane HR and payroll topics into actionable and engaging guidance — and a knack for finding a great story.
- Empathy — You need to be able to get inside the heads of our audiences. What are their challenges? When and how can we be most helpful? When we are able to answer those questions, we’ll be right where they need us to be.
- Great attention to detail and the ability to work both independently and as a team
- A pioneering spirit — You’re proactive, solution-oriented, and not intimidated by a project without a defined roadmap
- Project management — You have a knack for organization and know how to keep projects moving forward efficiently
- Interpersonal skills — You are eager to build collaborative relationships across teams and work together to deliver successful projects
- Other superpowers? If you’re a great short form/ad copywriter, a CPA, or have strong skills with SEO or demand gen, we’d be even more excited to hear from you.
Experience and Skills:
We want to say that you should have at least 4-6 years of relevant editorial or content marketing experience, but we’d hate to discourage anyone who doesn’t quite fit the bill. You should definitely have writing samples you’re proud of, though. We’d also prefer to see some in-house experience at a startup or B2B SaaS company, but we’re open to candidates who only have publishing or agency experience — especially if they’ve had deep engagement with clients in HR, payroll, legal, or finance industries.
- Casual team-oriented environment with solid work/life balance
- Flexibility on working location — some time in office, some remote
- Competitive pay rates with opportunity for annual increases
- Three weeks paid time off plus paid holidays and generous maternity/paternity leave
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Short-term/Long-term Disability, and Life Insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Industry-specific training
- Stocked kitchen with a variety of snacks and drinks, weekly company lunch
- Convenient Midtown Atlanta location with free parking or monthly MARTA pass
- Opportunity for advancement at a rapidly growing Atlanta-based technology company
If interested, please send your resume and cover message with the job title in the subject line to email@example.com.
OnPay is an equal opportunity employer. OnPay makes all employment decisions without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, religion, age, pregnancy, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other classification protected by applicable laws.